“I wish I had a job that would be flexible enough to help me find time for my kids as well as make some extra cash” “I love being a stay-at-home-mom but for better financial stability, I need a job” Moms around the world have multiple reasons to start working again after giving birth to their kids. Some want to work for a stable and comfortable living, while others loved working as much as they loved their kids. Well, for all those moms who want to start working while staying at home and taking care of your family, there is a fantastic opportunity. It’s called the virtual assistant career. In this guide, we will let you know about why virtual assistant is the most suitable and best job for stay-at-home-moms who can start even without zero experience.
What is a virtual assistant?Virtual assistants or VAs are assistants who work under contract or as freelancers to support businesses from a remote location. From administrative to technical tasks, a remote VA can provide the same service that a full-timer delivers.
What virtual assistant job can offer stay-at-home-moms with?As moms, we need the best for our family. After you become a virtual assistant, you will be able to do the same along with doing what you love and earning good money out of it. The benefits of being a virtual assistant are many.
- Work from the comfort of your home A virtual assistant job can be done remotely. You can plan the work ahead and your daily life schedule. It allows you to be at the comfort of your home or even a café or park. The choice is yours. You will be the decision-maker of your work schedule. Your clients will only require you to get the work done.
- Flexibility This is a must for stay-at-home-moms. They need to work with their own terms while giving time for the family and work. Virtual assistant jobs give these major benefits of flexibility to decide your work time and family time on your own terms.
- Great work-life balance In the 9 to 5 rut, it is extremely difficult to achieve work-life balance. Being a virtual assistant gives you the freedom to have an improved work-life balance. No longer commuting back and forth in traffic. You can save that time and give undivided attention to your family. Above all, you get the time and space to live your life to the fullest.
- Stay updated We know how draining it can be to take care of kids and home. Our minds can be so involved in the household matters that we care less about what is happening in the world. A virtual assistant job will help you stay current. You will learn what is the trend and try to keep yourself updated.
- Get paid do what you love The best part about being a virtual assistant is that you get to decide your pay. Though initially, it is recommended to start low, in this sector with a little time you can gain a lot of experience and learn a lot. You must know that there are VAs who charge from $20 per hour for one client whereas $100 per hour for another. So, you become your own boss.
- Create your portfolio: Online presence is important. This is how your client will get to know about you.
- Network and understand this field: Join VA groups/forums and gain from other’s experiences.
- Pick a niche: Next is to decide what you can do as a virtual assistant. Analyse your skills and expertise here.
- Decide your rates: As you are a beginner expect your pay to be a lower end of the scale. But at this point, you aim to build a profile and experience which could help you ace up your pay scale
- Search for your first job: When you start looking for jobs, there are high chances of getting rejected or ignored. Stay calm and be consistent. You are sure to find your first gig. Just hang in there.